EMPHASIS AD ANALYSIS
1. Find a partner.
2. Select a magazine advertisement.
3. Place the ad on a sheet of drawing paper.
4. Identify its GOAL and AUDIENCE. (What are they trying to do, and who are they trying to reach?)
5. Identify the point of EMPHASIS in the ad. Clearly mark it on your layout.
6. Name two techniques for effective emphasis listed on pages 27,28 and 29 your text that are used in the ad. Clearly mark it on your layout.
7. Do you think the ad is effectively reaching the demographic they hope to target? Explain why or why not in 1-2 sentences.