BALANCE and COLOR AD ANALYSIS
1. Find two partners.
2. Work together to find three ads--one that uses ASYMMETRICAL, one that uses SYMMETRICAL, and one that uses RADIAL balance
3. Place the ads on a sheet of drawing paper.
4. Identify their GOAL and AUDIENCE. (What are they trying to do, and who are they trying to reach?)
5. Identify the type of BALANCE in each ad. Clearly mark it on your layout.
6. Name two techniques for effective emphasis listed on pages 27,28 and 29 your text that are used in the ad. Clearly mark it on your layout. List one way the use of BALANCE in the ad works to create EMPHASIS in the ad. Refer to the techniques for effective emphasis listed on pages 27,28 and 29 your text if you need help.
7. What type of COLOR scheme is used in each ad? Refer to the ColorNotes.ai document in the Shared art technology folder. Clearly mark on each layout.
8. Do you think the ad is effectively reaching the demographic they hope to target? Explain why or why not in 1-2 sentences.