VECTOR POSTER WRITE UP
Answer the following questions, in the format of a paragraph.
Use the Spell and Grammar check functions. Print and turn in.
1. What is the subject matter of your poster? Why did you choose it?
2. What typefaces did you use in your design? What categories (serif, sans serif, decorative, script) do they represent?
3. Name the Illustrator techniques applied to your poster, and where they can be seen in your design. (You were required to apply at least two from the list below to your design.)
A. Live Trace/Live Paint. (3-36 through 3-51)
B. Transform Tools: Rotate, Reflect, Shear. (4-4 through 4-11)
C. Offset/Compound Paths. (4-12 through 4-19)
D. Pathfinder. (4-20 through 4-29)
E. Clipping Mask. (4-30 through 4-35)
F. Custom Pattern. (6-8 through 6-19)
G. Brush Tool: Calligraphic or Art. (6-20 through 6-33)
H. Distortion Tools: Filters (7-4 through 7-9), Gradient Mesh (7-10 through 7-15), Envelopes (7-16 through 7-21), Blends (7-22 through 7-29).
4. What is the point of emphasis in your design? How do you get the viewer to focus on it?
5. What type of balance (symmetrical or asymmetrical) exists in your poster? How did you set that up?
6. Name two ways you created contrast in the design. Refer to page 44 in Basics of Design for a list.
7. What do you like best about your poster?
8. What would you do differently next time?