SELECTION/MASKING TOOLS ASSIGNMENT
1. Set up a Photoshop document measuring 8.5 x 11 @ 150 dpi. You could also use the one we have been working in up until now, hiding the other layers.
2. Create a composition where you experiment with a variety of selection and masking tools. The images you use may come from the 'Sample Pix' in the 'Chapter 3 Lesson' folder on stepstushare, from the Internet (make sure the images are at least 1000 x 1000 pixels), or from your own sources. You may also use the Photo Booth application to take a picture of yourself.
3. You must use at least four of the following types of selections:
Rectangular or Elliptical Marquee
Regular, Magnetic or Polygonal Lasso
Magic Wand or Quick Selector
Select via Color Range
Altered Selection via adding to or subtracting from it
4. You must use at least two of the following masking tools:
5. Remember you have these tools to work with too:
Transformation tools (Edit>Transform--flip/rotate/shrink/distort the image, etc)
6. Print your design.
7. Write where each type of selection/masking tool you used can be seen on the back of the printout and turn it in.