EMPHASIS AD ANALYSIS
1. Examine a variety of magazine advertisements.
2. Identify their GOAL and AUDIENCE.
3. Select two ads with really different goals and audiences (ads that target two separate DEMOGRAPHICS).
4. Place them on a sheet of drawing paper.
5. Identify the points of EMPHASIS in each ad. Clearly mark them on your layout.
6. Explain in 1-2 sentences why you think the ads use (or do not use) emphasis well. Bonus points if you can identify how other elements and principles of design are used in the ad.
7. State which demographic you think the ad is targeting. Do you think the ads are effectively reaching the demographic they hope to target? Explain why or why not in 1-2 sentences.