Typography Test Review
This is what you need to know for the typography test, and where to find it:
World of Letterforms Video:
1. What the letter A originally symbolized
2. Who invented moveable type & what they created with it
3. What did Mantius create and why?
4. What did Bodoni, Garamond, Baskerville & Benquiat create?
In your typography packets:
1. Type measurement conversions: Points>Picas / Points>Inch / Picas>Inch
2. How to measure LEADING
3. How to measure the line length of different text alignments (Examples A-E)
4. How to use the E-Gauge to measure type
In Basics of Design: Layout and Typography for Beginners
1. 4 Things to Know before starting a design: Page 2
2. Graphic Design Principles: P 12-14
3. Graphic Design process: P 14-19
4. Different text alignments: P 101-104
5. Type Anatomy: P 205 (baseline, ascender, serif, counter, descender, x height, crossbar, cap height)
6. Vocabulary: Thumbnail, rough, comp, alignment, format, visual hierarchy, grid, serif, sans serif, decorative, script.
Miscellaneous online info:
1. How LEADING got its name: http://lowendmac.com/designer/11.html