Layout Templates -- 5x5 Projects
LAYOUT can increase the efficiency of your printing job in a number of ways.
1. You save paper by putting more items onto one piece.
2. You are guaranteed accurate positioning of your items through the use of guides. This is especially important for 2 sided printing.
3. Once you make a template, you can use it over and over again. Saving YOU time, Saving ME time...
The template for our 5x5's is as follows:
1. Start a new Legal sized document (8.5 x 14). Reduce the resolution to 150 dpi.
2. When open, go to Image>Rotate Canvas. Choose one of the 90 degree options.
3. Make sure you have the Snap function turned on. (View>Snap. Snap should have a checkmark by it. Underneath Snap, there is also a Snap To menu. Make sure Guides is checked under the Snap to menu.)
4. Make sure your Rulers are on (ctrl + R) and that they are set to inches.
5. Position guides at the following coordinates:
X = 1.75, 6.75
Y = 1.5, 6.5, 7.5, 12.5
6. Save as: YourName_5x5LayoutTemplate.psd
7. Make sure your projects are saved as either flattened JPEGs or TIFFs.
8. Go to File>Place. Select your flattened design and click Place in the menu.
9. Move your project to the desired location in the picture plane. Repeat for second project.
10. Save as>YourName_5x5_LifeDeath_layout