Identity System Layout:
1. Create a Portrait oriented Letter sized document in Illustrator.
2. Create guides at the following locations:
Vertical Guides-- 0.5, 4, 4.5, 8
Horizontal Guides--0.5, 2.5, 3.0 5.0, 5.5, 7.5, 8.0, 10.
3. Create a black (or any other color) rectangle measuring 8.5 x 11 inches on the same layer.
4. Label this layer "Guides".
5. Create a second layer called "Cards"
6. Paste one of your business cards into this layer. Duplicate and move this using the Move Command (Object>Transform>Move). Remember: positive numbers move objects up or to the right, negative numbers move objects down or to the left.
7. Get a sheet of card stock from me and print!
1. Open the document "EnvelopeNo10.eps" in the ID SYSTEM folder in the Shared Art Technology folder. Student on STEP Novell (G://)>Shared>Art Technology>ID SYSTEM>EnvelopeNo10.eps
2. Place your artwork in the guides and Go!
3. Print on Letter sized paper. (Select Letter in Media menu of Print options.) Add Trim Marks from the Marks and Bleed menu in the Print options panel for easy cutting!
1. Place your design within 1/4 inch guides to ensure it all prints.