You will work in a group to create a documentary film.
Use the Research Project Calculator to keep track of information and deadlines:
1. School appropriate topic. Here are some links to help you pick a topic:
PBS POV Documentaries: http://www.pbs.org/pov/video/search.php?search_type=classroom_clips#.U20Hl61dVbo
Points of View Reference Center: http://web.b.ebscohost.com.proxy.elm4you.org/pov/search/basic?sid=145b70f3-9650-43a4-89e0-0ebe479f80b1%40sessionmgr111&vid=2&hid=128
Desktop Documentaries: http://www.desktop-documentaries.com/documentary-ideas.html
2. A hypothesis about the topic is presented and defended.
3. Information about the topic is compiled and reported from at least 3 different online sources.
4. People are interviewed for their opinions about the topic.
5. Film contains "A-Roll" (talking people) and "B-Roll" (supporting imagery) footage.
6. Film is approximately 5 minutes long.