Desaturate and Recolor Composition
1. Start a Photoshop document measuring 8.5 x 11 @ 150 dpi
2. Develop a composition of your choice, that features the following criteria:
• A minimum of 5 instances of de-saturation and re-coloring. Use both the color replacement tool and the full desaturate/recolor method. Also include instances of solid color, gradient, pattern and clipping mask.
• The composition must demonstrate symmetrical, asymmetrical or radial balance.
• Your de-saturation and re-coloring must follow one of these color schemes: monochromatic, complementary, analogous, split complement, triad, tetrad. Check out the color notes on our Tumblr page!
3. Print your composition when finished. Write down the following things:
A. What items were re-colored on the back of the page, and how you did it (color replacement tool or full desaturate & recolor).
B. What type of balance you applied to your composition
C. What type of color scheme you applied to your composition