Business Cards InDesign Layout:
1. Save your Business Card Illustrator file as a PDF.
2. Create a Portrait oriented Letter sized document in InDesign, with .25 inch margins (1p6 margins)
3. Create guides at the following locations:
X Axis (Vertical) Guides-- 0.5, 4, 4.5, 8
Y Axis (Horizontal) Guides--0.5, 2.5, 3.0 5.0, 5.5, 7.5, 8.0, 10.
4. Create a black (or any other color) rectangle measuring 8.25 x 10.5 inches. Use the xy dialogue box to place the rectangle at 0.25 x/0.25 y
5. Label this layer "Guides" and lock it.
6. Create a second layer called "Cards"
7. Make a Rectangle Frame measuring 3.5 x 2 inches. Select the frame and place (File>Place) the PDF of your Business Card in the Rectangle Frame. You may have to use the Object>Fitting options to make it perfect. Duplicate by selecting, holding Alt and dragging a copy. Place one card at 0.5x/0.5y and one at 4.5x/0.5y
8. Select both and duplicate again. Use the xy dialogue box to place the rectangles at 0.5x/3.0y. Repeat twice, placing a set of rectangles at 0.5x/5.5y and at 0.5x/8.0y
9. Get a sheet of card stock from me and print!