EMPHASIS AD ANALYSIS
1. Find a partner.
2. Select a magazine advertisement, from the Internet or a magazine. Take a photo of the ad in Photo Booth if needed.
3. Save the the ad JPEG to your desktop, then open it in Photoshop.
4. Identify its GOAL and AUDIENCE. (What are they trying to do, and who are they trying to reach?)
5. Identify the point of EMPHASIS in the ad. Clearly mark it on your layout.
6. Name two techniques for effective emphasis listed on pages 27,28 and 29 your text that are used in the ad. Clearly mark it on your layout.
7. Do you think the ad is effectively reaching the demographic they hope to target? Explain why or why not in 1-2 sentences.