Independent Study: Portfolio Decoration.
Your portfolio is boring, yo. Time to zest that up. Here's how:
1. Create a document for your spine piece in the program of your choice, measuring 2.25 x 10 inches @ 150-300 dpi. When done, save it as a PDF.
2. Start a letter sized InDesign document, with 3p0 margins. Switch both rulers to inches right away. Then set guides at the following X coordinates: .5, 2.75, 3.125, 5.375, 5.75, 8.0
3. Create a picture holder box (aka the box thingy with the x in it in your tools) 2.25 x 10 inches--whoa! That's the same size as your spine piece!
4. Select your picture holder. File>Place>your_awesome_spine_art.pdf
5. Duplicate the magic two times by holding the alt key. w00t!
6. Create radtacular front and back pieces in the program of your choice. Letter sized(8.5 x 11), again @ 150-300 dpi if applicable. Zang!