MOVIE POSTER PROJECT
Your task is to create a movie poster. The poster must be made in the style of a real movie theater poster. The movie represented in your poster must be of your own creation. Do not make a poster for an existing movie.
GENRE: COMEDY or ACTION
GOAL: To inform people about and convince them to see the movie.
AUDIENCE: PG-13 moviegoers.
EXISTING SAMPLES: http://www.movieposter.com/ and http://step-art-tech.tumblr.com/ and http://www.htc-idvp.com/wp/?page_id=198 Look at a bunch of movie posters. Try to identify the point of emphasis, and the secondary/tertiary accents in the VISUAL HIERARCHY of the design. Think about how you will achieve this in your design.
1. 6 inches x 9 inches @ 300 DPI
2. Info coming soon:
*Clear VISUAL HIERARCHY. (There should be a point of emphasis, and secondary/tertiary accents.
*Definitive sense of SYMMETRICAL, ASYMMETRICAL, or RADIAL BALANCE to design.
*Some type of CONTRAST.
3. Your poster must incorporate a minimum of 6 separate images that have been worked into a cohesive image in Photoshop. You must include a movie title and other relevant movie text information.
4. Poster must include the use of at least 3 selection tools, 2 masking tools and 3 layer or brush tools.
5. At least four of the images must be public domain, creative commons licensed, or under your copyright, or copyright that someone has authorized for your use. Here are some good links for acceptable images:
6. You MUST include a bibliography of your image sources with your final design. Keep track of the websites you are getting images from by pasting links into a Word document.
7. Before you begin your final design, you must submit 3 sketch ideas for approval.