EMPHASIS AD ANALYSIS
1. Find a partner.
2. Select a magazine advertisement, from the Internet or a magazine.
3. Place the ad on a large sheet of drawing paper.
4. Identify the GOAL of the ad. (What is the ad trying to do?)
5. Identify the AUDIENCE of the ad. (Who is the ad trying to reach? Describe the demographic as specifically as you can.)
5. Identify the point of EMPHASIS in the ad. Clearly mark it on your layout.
6. Name two techniques for effective emphasis listed on pages 27,28 and 29 your text that are used in the ad. Clearly mark it on your layout.
7. Do you think the ad is effectively reaching the demographic they hope to target? Explain why or why not in 1-2 sentences.
Make sure your name is on the analysis, and turn in. We will present them tomorrow before the Winter Festival.